what have you done to your bike today?

Re: what have you done to your bike today?

sanding filling and undercoating my frame.....puker of a job...:frown: but nearly done....:smile:

Started putting it back together ready for the Bristol Classic Bike Show in Feb:wink:

tipped the bloody recycling off it,ridden it for 150 miles,put the recycling back on it and retired for a beer.

Assembled the Screamin eagle 4" pipes with the piston style end caps , freed of all the chrome heat shields and rubbed the rust off the back of them then painted them with exhaust paint , polished my new chrome primary cover , cam chest and gearbox end cover , xeropol polished my screen , now I've got that out the way and shelved I can strip more stuff off :D , Life is good ..........

Na Fook it. I just rode mine :439:

Waived goodbye to mine as it went off into storage. The next time I see it will be Talgarth:frown:

My poor bike is still looking sorry for itself after
I beat it up last September. Nagging for it to be done for telgarth. Cos I can't wait anymore:)

I polished a bit of rust off, and the furr off the lower fork yoke that I'd previously polished.

Then it started raining :(

cleaned the muddy cat paw prints of me seat !!!!!!!!!!:frown:

Rode it to Cambridge and back.:wink:

this weekend, adjusted my floor boards, re-mounted my new air filter with the correct fittings now that i have them, dropped my panels off to be painted and fitted my new grips.

Next weekend,
New rear tyre, brake disc, rear brake hose, brake pads.

opened up the bubble today cos i noticed water settling on the bottom ,gave carcoon a call cos i was a bit concerned as the bubble is meant to stop this,he assured me it was because it was abormally cold and now warming up so i dried the bottom out and all hunky dory again

Replaced bolts on the foot clutch which have been in place for 7-8 years and mucked about with the adjustment / rod / pedal trying FINALLY to have far less travel on the pedal.

But it is a fine line to get freeplay on the throwout bearing, clutch travel, AND kickstarter ''feel'' (no electric start on my 1985 FXEF).

Bototm line (and it is many years since I dicked about with this): I have had the settings right all the time, not much you can do with them, an Evo clutch is just not set up to run a foot clutch rocker pedal...

The only way to stop the pedal riding up high with speed vibration is to use a long thin bolt as an interference bar between the pedal itself and the support bracket. So using some suitable washers with the bolt, I've ''fixed'' the pedal to a limited amount of travel on disengagement.

Sorted for two quid. :439:

Moved it out of the way so I could get my KTM out. :wink:

Just put the battery back on and gave it a shakedown blast ready for work in the morning..

Nice fine day.Used some good wax polish.shinning like a shathouse door.:)

Fitted Flat top kit and locks to saddlebags. All good! :439::439:

Tried to move/change my tax disc holder only to find that the tax disc holder on there is probably in the only place it will go and the one I wanted to change it for doesn't seem to fit anywhere!! :redface:
Thought of one of these.The one place it wont fit is the front mudgaurd bracket that chances your one is. Fits on the down tubes About ?55.00

what have you done to your bike today?

well just finished putting the bike back together, new cams , street port plus heads etc. all ready to fire up and the battery is dead:frown::frown::frown:
its about 3yrs old so i think a new one is the anser
just ordered a YUASA YTX 20-BS gel battery for ?59 inc postage i have heard they are good :wink: we will see.

john

John I opened the shed.:wink:
that's it.:439:

I was going to strip out my 02 sensors to see if i have had the Xied leads fitted from Harley(long story), but my brother turned up and wanted me to fit his mudflaps, on his van, then we wanted to dish dinner and found the chicken wasn't cooked, so the last bit of daylight was spent shopping for ready cooked chicken..:frown:
I have booked a few hours tomorrow to find out the answer above.

I bet you were dissapointed when coming up to the last hurdle, to find that out..:frown::wink:

Back