what have you done to your bike today?

Re: what have you done to your bike today?

I popped over to oxford yesterday for a 10k service (bike still under warranty) and then spent about 40 mins getting all the blooming salt of the thing when I got back and then stripped both master cylinder (clutch and front brake) for re-powdercoating. With so much salt on the road, doubt will be taking it out much in March, especially with no clucth and front brake :439:

Hope the battery is good John, after all that work as well :)

Cheers, Roy

Relocating rear indicators (winter project), so today removed them and the rear fender struts.
Will weld up the indicator mounting holes in the struts and then get them powder coated gloss black.

Opened the garage door, took off the cover, gave it a hug and a good snog, got a semi and then said goodnight :D

Rode the ass off it,went out at 9 got back at 5 ,200 miles of twisty, windy roads ,cabin fever is rubbing off nicely :smile:

Same as, except 250 miles.

Totally covered mine in ACF, and thats it gonna ride it from now on,its been sat in the garage for three months ,decided thats long enough, i really think it does a bike no good, to be left standing any longer. rode a Bandit all through last winter covered it in ACF and never cleaned it till end april, and it came up superb, no corrosion anywhere, thats stuffs amazing. reckon theres so much salt,on the roads, the residues gonna last well into end spring.

Working on the MT. Fired it up but the new stainless front pipes were not seating well:mad:. Put old ones on and they were fine. Hope to MOT it Monday or Tuesday and then register it. ACF50 all over the bike except the brakes, tyres and seat.:D

well just finished putting the bike back together, new cams , street port plus heads etc. all ready to fire up and the battery is dead:frown::frown::frown:
its about 3yrs old so i think a new one is the anser
just ordered a YUASA YTX 20-BS gel battery for ?59 inc postage i have heard they are good :wink: we will see.

john

John should of seen me ?29 quid YTX 20-BS

Well, Friday afternoon I set about altering what in my opinion is a poor design for a Roadking headlight nacelle assembly. Bearing in mind that my bike started out as a Electraglide that I salvaged from a wreck and rebuilt on my own sort of budget, using E-bay and new and second hand road king parts, the lack of one or two of which rendered the nacelle a poor fitting bit of kit. Anyway, I reckoned that a few more small lugs, nuts and bolts and a wee bit of fabrication should do the trick, so... after fabricating the lugs I set up the tig welder, (and even before now I should have realised that the holes i'd drilled in it previously had no rust at all around them :eek:) set the lugs in place and arc'ed up, being a welder (all be it on a spring deadline) I recognised the sound, the stray sparks and clouds of smoke, and on lifting me screen also realised (too late:redface:) that me nacelle was made of di-cast melted down toy cars :mad:. Surveying the damage, I saw that I'd melted a big lump off the bottom, and blown a hole in the back of it about two inch from where I'd arc'ed up.
So... back to the drawing board :).

Well, Friday afternoon I set about altering what in my opinion is a poor design for a Roadking headlight nacelle assembly. Bearing in mind that my bike started out as a Electraglide that I salvaged from a wreck and rebuilt on my own sort of budget, using E-bay and new and second hand road king parts, the lack of one or two of which rendered the nacelle a poor fitting bit of kit. Anyway, I reckoned that a few more small lugs, nuts and bolts and a wee bit of fabrication should do the trick, so... after fabricating the lugs I set up the tig welder, (and even before now I should have realised that the holes i'd drilled in it previously had no rust at all around them :eek:) set the lugs in place and arc'ed up, being a welder (all be it on a spring deadline) I recognised the sound, the stray sparks and clouds of smoke, and on lifting me screen also realised (too late:redface:) that me nacelle was made of di-cast melted down toy cars :mad:. Surveying the damage, I saw that I'd melted a big lump off the bottom, and blown a hole in the back of it about two inch from where I'd arc'ed up.

Oh Shit.
Get to the pub.:D:D:D

Ah bet Mandy is pleased she wern,t holding the lug in place for yer.:tongue:

Bloody hell Liam, thats a sod. Hope you get something sorted soon.

well just finished putting the bike back together, new cams , street port plus heads etc. all ready to fire up and the battery is dead:frown::frown::frown:
its about 3yrs old so i think a new one is the anser
just ordered a YUASA YTX 20-BS gel battery for ?59 inc postage i have heard they are good :wink: we will see.

john

I've run one on the 124" John and it worked.

Never fear boys, onward and upward :D.

John , Maybe the TW6's are giving the battery a hard time , hope the new one gets it fired for you ............ Bert.

John , Maybe the TW6's are giving the battery a hard time , hope the new one gets it fired for you ............ Bert.
i haven't fired it Burt i will have to wait till the battery comes:mad:
i have compressor's so it should be OK
john

Fire in the hole!!!
got the bike running tonight sounds much sharper and with the decompresser,s starts easy.
just a few little jobs then road test but i have the Dragon this weekend
so will have to wait:mad::mad::mad:
john

95"
mukuni 42 conv form inj,
woods TW6 cams
fastlaneheadwork street port plus heads
baker 6 speed
chain drive conv.
suppertrapp 2-1
altmann p6 ignition
energy one performance clutch

thanks to you Alex,and your good work the bike sounds a little different but the tell tale will be when i can ride it:tongue:
i lost one of my exhaust nuts ( i use the long brass nuts used on older cars )
so had to get another from a frend before i could fire it up it seems to start easier than before.
i will post when i have tested it , i am going to take it to MATTS for a dyno and tune next month

john

Nice one John look forward to seeing it and they dyno figures, By the way where did you get the battery from seems like a good price that you got.

Cheers

thanks to you Alex,and your good work the bike sounds a little different but the tell tale will be when i can ride it:tongue:
i lost one of my exhaust nuts ( i use the long brass nuts used on older cars )
so had to get another from a frend before i could fire it up it seems to start easier than before.
i will post when i have tested it , i am going to take it to MATTS for a dyno and tune next month

john

Back