Its arrived, a long wait for a Pan thats not a Pan

michael_dinwiddy

Club Member
In late 2021 @Roach, my son Simon and I popped over the France to enjoy a weekend at the Opale Harley days Rally.

It was a well organised Hoggie doo, and a particularly abundant with all a biker needs for a fun packed few days.

The Harley stand was bristling with the new range of bikes, big twins Sportsters with their new Revolution Max engine, and right in the middle of the display was the new Pan America adventure bike.

Im my view Harley-Davidson have always made adventure bikes, this one was very different .. I had read about it, the new powerful engine, the adaptive suspension and the distinct geometry of the integral engine and frame that enables the bike to be a fast long range good handling tourer bike and that could take on serious enduro off road conditions.

I climbed onto it, it was too tall to sling my leg over, and at that point I just wanted one, even though I hadn’t even stabbed the starter button.. my mind was made up.

I became more and more obsessed by them… and my Club mates put up with my constant rambling about them…

Fast forward to the Wobbler Rally 2023, and @stevetrow called me following Monday morning “I bought one” he said 😳

a few days later he threw me the keys and he jumped on my Roadking.. We blasted down the meet at Shaftsbury.. f’in hell what a bike… I thought the speedo was in kilometres.. ooops it wasn’t.

The not long after that @Mark Hammond got his, same story he was very impressed.

So I had a bit of something put away from a previous life… and as @Chris Mills wirds rang in my ears saying to me, “you cant take it with you, cash it in and get the bike”…

So I did, and mailed every Harley dealer in the UK…
Bingo, the 2023 UK press bike was just about to become available.. the deal was done.. and it arrived today..
First pic is in France 🇫🇷 the day I fell for it.

IMG_7106.jpeg

IMG_7104.jpeg

IMG_7101.jpeg

IMG_7100.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7097.jpeg

IMG_7095.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7090.jpeg

eb045f33-541d-4fae-954d-0f37d54145bd.jpeg

IMG_7087.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up a few pics Michael, despite some recent banter on the Pan Am - I hope it brings you many miles of happiness and good on you for following your heart, biking is all about passion.
I notice on the dashboard it reads only 11.8V for battery output that would not be enough to start my old Twin Cam, so there is progress there I guess!
Keep the Forum posted mate on how you get on. I was hoping to take my 650 Scrambler out for the Salisbury Plain R14 / R19 meet up, but the weather is awful today with torrential rain and strong winds - but if any of you brave souls do venture out, post some pics!

Thanks for posting up a few pics Michael, despite some recent banter on the Pan Am - I hope it brings you many miles of happiness and good on you for following your heart, biking is all about passion.
I notice on the dashboard it reads only 11.8V for battery output that would not be enough to start my old Twin Cam,
i Talked to one of the Yorky lads that runs a PanAm and said one of his problems was the battery not up to it ,,,,replace it and a lot of his problems were solved ..
i love the bike but as i am not a electronics lover ,,, i think i will stick to old fashion tec
please keep up all informed on your adventure with the new technology

Looks like a phenomenal machine. I get the impression the team put a lot of work into that model. It's great when it all comes together. Congratulations!

I notice on the dashboard it reads only 11.8V for battery output that would not be enough to start my old Twin Cam, so there is progress there I guess!
Keep the Forum posted mate on how you get on. I was hoping to take my 650 Scrambler out for the Salisbury Plain R14 / R19 meet up, but the weather is awful today with torrential rain and strong winds - but if any of you brave souls do venture out, post some pics!
Big turnout today 👍

IMG_7131.jpeg

IMG_7122.jpeg

Well done for all you folk that turned out despite the Met Office weather warning although the worst of it is coming in now down the South West, so hopefully it was not too bad a ride earlier? Some great photos, thank you Michael & Mark for sharing with the forum.

Six Pan Am’s out today in a larger group of club members from R14 and R19.

Even signed the Imber church visitor book on behalf of the club

Awaiting further photos and videos from today’s nominated photographer @Dazzlin

View attachment 1198731

View attachment 1198732

View attachment 1198733

View attachment 1198735

View attachment 1198736

View attachment 1198737

View attachment 1198738
Its days like today when R19 & R14 got together for a ride that make this club the best club in the world.. no probably about it .

🤗

Thank you 🙏🏼 for organising it.. Reps and Assistant Reps from both regions.

Back