Its arrived, a long wait for a Pan thats not a Pan

Guildfords is yellow.

I have a dilema now.

Chop the glide in, with 7k, for an ex demo.

Or 10k for a brand spanker.

Or keep the glide and buy a used GS. For 3-7 k.

Summat to think about.

Taking on board the guidance Mark provided earlier and what El Hombre has said (which I fully agree with) - go for a new 2023 model Ian. Let's face it - we are all getting on in years and this bike is likely to be a keeper, so treat yourself and get the colour you really want.

Guildford list quite a few. Starting around 9K. Definitely a few bargains to be had.

I think this is the one Ian mentioned.

This one is definitely a 2022 model year/build. Could still be ok, just depends on when in 2022 it was built.

I don’t want to piss on anybody’s bonfire here….. but (you knew that was coming)

If you must buy an “Adventure Bike”, I can’t for the life of me think why somebody would unless of course perhaps you intend to go touring in Africa.

Why buy an overpriced POS from HD when you can get one from a company that builds proper one’s like BMW, KTM or almost anybody else for that matter.

Harley came late to this party and tried to jump on the bandwagon.

Obviously, this is just my very humble personal opinion and people can spend their money howsoever they chose to.

Andy

For me its quite simple.
Glides too big and heavy for my ailments.
A Trail style bike is just the job.
If i sell the glide and buy a GS, then im out the club. I cant do that. It would make too many people happy😅😅.

Hence im considering the spam am.
Or i could just buy a trail bike and keep the glide as an ornament. It doesnt owe me anything. Paid £18k for it new 10 years ago. Ive had 18k's worth of good times out if it.😁

I don’t want to piss on anybody’s bonfire here….. but (you knew that was coming)

If you must buy an “Adventure Bike”, I can’t for the life of me think why somebody would unless of course perhaps you intend to go touring in Africa.

Why buy an overpriced POS from HD when you can get one from a company that builds proper one’s like BMW, KTM or almost anybody else for that matter.

Harley came late to this party and tried to jump on the bandwagon.

Obviously, this is just my very humble personal opinion and people can spend their money howsoever they chose to.

Andy
Hi Andy, ADV Bikes are excellent for covering long distances quickly and in comfort with lots of storage options, plus they can go off the beaten track, so you can explore awkward passes etc where normal cars and road bikes tend not to venture to.

Had a KTM 1190 Adventure since 2015 now and it's by far the best all round motorcycle I have ever owned and toured all over Europe from Croatia to Norway on it.

It's fast, when it needs to be, handles superbly, comfortable for two up touring and a whole lot of fun when the front is so easy to lift.

I was a doubter, but would not be without it now.

If this type of bike is for you, the new Honda Transalp is a no brainer IMO.

If this type of bike is for you, the new Honda Transalp is a no brainer IMO.
Without a doubt a fine bike and at a far more reasonable price. However, as Halal Tim points out, if this is your prime bike and leaves no H-D in the garage, then membership of this club becomes void. I guess you could argue the Honda self identifies itself as a H-D and jump on that bandwagon if you dare! 😆

I have a Mash X-Ride 650 Trail for back lane and winter fun - why, because it was cheap and I like big thumpers. I guess I could argue it now self identifies as a pre 2022 Pan Am, but it lacks all the high tech and numerous defects / recalls - so would never be taken seriously!😂

I love my dakar, but it will be an uneconomic repair for mot in may.
Hence my need for another trail type bike.

Value for money the unburstable BMW airhead,,, now getting on a bit but can be picked up cheap ,,

i know that there are many used by this club as a winter bike or back up

and theres only one PAN with_glasseswith_glasseswith_glasses

74275191_10162431109925173_3852750410867539968_o.jpg

P1090436.JPG

It’s worth pointing out that the Pan Special has suspension that rises when on the move and falls when coming to a stop. No other bike does that automatically. And its so versatile… road rally enduro… whatever it does it all well.

Oh and its a Harley Davidson too 🤣🤣🤣

I have my cake and I'm eating it… yummy yummy.

Last edited:
It’s worth pointing out that the Pan Special has suspension that rises when on the move and falls when coming to a stop. No other bike does that automatically. And its so versatile… rode rally enduro… whatever it does it all well.

Oh and its a Harley Davidson too 🤣🤣🤣

I have my cake and I'm eating it… yummy yummy.
My fear is that complicated suspension systems is just another expensive headache / fix once outside of the warranty. Tradition was that those with short inside legs rode only those bikes they could safely touch the ground. We even had a dwarf ride around the Gosport & Fareham area in the late 70s on a Kawasaki 90 Trail bike.

It’s worth pointing out that the Pan Special has suspension that rises when on the move and falls when coming to a stop. No other bike does that automatically.
The Pan America was the first for sure, but it's started to be copied by others to suit the vertically challenged........who would have bet on established ADV manufacturers following in Harley footsteps......although the Triumph solution is not as slick.

Back