Show us your old girls

Couple of pics of my ‘75 FXE
IMG_1513.jpeg
IMG_1508.jpeg

Thanks Baza, the B & W looks better, the other looks a bit jaundiced! - but brighter (Probably Ilford or Agfa film. Dad took that with his Ilford 'Sportsman'.)

Dad's Anglia outside our home in Redvers Rd. N22, and the B & W on the Isle of Man '67.

The WL was sold on around the early seventies (big mistake). The bloke who bought it was known to me, but was a bit of a plonker. No idea what happened to it after I got it back on the road for him. Quite possible it got nicked or moved on in some other way. It's not on the DVLA database currently.

The FLH is coming along slowly. Oil seals and a tidy up.

Thanks Baza, the B & W looks better, the other looks a bit jaundiced! - but brighter (Probably Ilford or Agfa film. Dad took that with his Ilford 'Sportsman'.)

Dad's Anglia outside our home in Redvers Rd. N22,

Looks a bit different from when you lived there, and I have unjaundiced the colour one. :) :)

Degsy3.png

Great pictures and bikes, just a shame you can't see them properly due to the obtrusive photobucket text plastered across the middle.

What a pity.

Looks a bit different from when you lived there, and I have unjaundiced the colour one. :) :)

View attachment 1195996

You're not kidding!
This was Wellesley where Nan lived, looking down from our front door:

Wood Green, Wellesley Road.jpg

And one of the demolition gang in 2002, standing on our roof:
Wood Green Redvers demolished 1.jpg

Two up, two down, karsy in the back yard. No bathroom, never did have one.

Edited to add: Come to think of it, when we took the tin bath off the nail outside the back door and set it up in the back room - we DID have a bathroom!

Last edited:
Great pictures and bikes, just a shame you can't see them properly due to the obtrusive photobucket text plastered across the middle.

What a pity.
What photos are you referring to? I can't see any photobucket logos on any of the photos in this thread.

I used to use photobucket a lot, until they started charging. They wanted something like £350 for an account, and not just business either (which I wasn't).

all the early stuff Baza, go back to page 1 and Gray's 45 etc; also loads of stuff no longer available...
Ah right, started reading from the beginning and gave up because all the pictures had the logo plastered across them meaning I couldn't see them properly.

Will try again in reverse.

Thanks

I used to use photobucket a lot, until they started charging. They wanted something like £350 for an account, and not just business either (which I wasn't).

I was very shrewd when photobucket said they were going to start charging. I downloaded all the photos I wanted to keep and put them in folders, so none have the annoying logo across them... :)

example 1.JPG
example 2.JPG

That's why I don't save them on a third party server. I use imgbb as a tool to load from my PC onto a coding platform to transfer selected images onto a forum. My folders have over 14,000 images in them, and they stay with me, unless I want to share. (But it doesn't include bacon sarnies).

Back