what have you done to your bike today?

That's a lot of Pre-Load wound on there. Maybe stronger springs required?
They recon the spring rates right for my solo weight going to play with it and see but shedding weight at mo so recon they are close and they are 340mm eye to eye which may make the preload look worse

Took advantage of the nice weather and rode to Minehead , got talking to the owner of the beautifully restored Z1

B4353047-0A3D-465E-AA52-4661E81D7639.jpeg

964BFB9A-8636-4C39-A696-5BDA57D8620E.jpeg

EE37A995-FF1A-4122-8F83-EF04C92A7BA1.jpeg

D93B4712-F638-49AC-9ECB-6EB35065A1B9.jpeg

Worked on the Pan America Special today

Fitted a extended front fender, as the air intake is just above the radiator, lots of stuff can ingress, so this will reduce the debris quite a lot.

I then added a custom mode for urban riding, as road mode or sport is great on the open road but a bit ‘hot cam feel’ or snatchy in town. Off road has a far better throttle response (it’s wire not cable) but suspension is too firm. However the torque curve is almost vertical.

So I selected custom mode A added all the settings for off road standard then added road riding suspension. I will now use that setting in town or congested roads.

Interesting to see that the amount of engine braking you require can also be adjusted.

Adjusting the settings was extremely simple, don’t need to hit save button or anything like that, just tick boxes. There are 4 standard settings and two free ones for you to customise and add if you want.

So now I can have cruise settings out of town on the long roads with soft suspension and smooth torque and high rev horsepower, click race and have stiff suspension and quick throttle response for the twisted. But also now have a super grunty responding bike for the town. All have a totally different feel.

Alternatively I can just leave it in road mode, never change that and have a good allrounder. It’s all optional.

View attachment IMG_8785.jpeg

Added later… the settings are to do with altering valve timing ignition timing fuel injection suspension damping and stiffness and throttle response as that is by wire, engine braking, traction control and abs. the selection and choice in specific settings can allow the motorcycle to excel in various riding conditions and terrain. HOWEVER, it is perfectly feasible to ride in any environment without changing any settings at all.

IMG_8776.jpeg

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8779.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8782.jpeg

IMG_8783.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg

Last edited:
Back