what have you done to your bike today?

Had a good look and no sign of it leaking from there.
Prob take it for a run today and see if tigtening the hose clamps has made any difference.
Took it out for a run yesterday and still leaking. 😏

I did notice however that the plug on the oil pump check valve was not very tight so could maybe be leaking there as it's definitley in the right area.
Have tightened it up so see if that helps.
Will likley replace that slotted plug and also the one on the oil screen and fit the Colony hex head type as the slotted ones are a PITA.

Took it out for a run yesterday and still leaking. 😏

I did notice however that the plug on the oil pump check valve was not very tight so could maybe be leaking there as it's definitley in the right area.
Have tightened it up so see if that helps.
Will likley replace that slotted plug and also the one on the oil screen and fit the Colony hex head type as the slotted ones are a PITA.

Result! 😁

Just been out for a test ride & just prior to that I took off the check valve plug and replaced the O-Ring on it and put it back.
No more leak!!
Have ordered a set of 3 Colony Hex head plugs from AR Harley for the 2 on the oil pump and the Tappet screen plug to replace the 3 crappy slotted ones so it will make it much easier to get them off and also tighten them properly in future . 👍

Oil change and a brief run out between the showers.
IMG_0851.jpeg

took the sport glide down to Maidstone HD to tweek the stage 2 tune that they did, been dropping running rich errors for the last couple of rides... they ended up keeping it as it needs input from dynojet so gave me a new Pan America S to take home while they do, no compaints from me :D

If i wasnt in the middle of fitting a new bathroom, booked a week off work to do it, id have spent the afternoon having fun in the sun on it!

Went out for what was going tobe my third outing this year but after 8 miles engine management light came on so turn back in a bad mood :mad: and booked her into riders ( tried reset no joy ) noob 😭

i know we've moved on from triumph bonneville's but i watched these a while back during lockdown and started watching them again. i found them oddly mesmerising.
(obviously when there's bugger all on the telly and the mrs is out)

i know we've moved on from triumph bonneville's but i watched these a while back during lockdown and started watching them again. i found them oddly mesmerising.
(obviously when there's bugger all on the telly and the mrs is out)
Really enjoyable, I'm on with my 81 Bonnie at the moment putting US export bars on and thankfully the standard switch cables are tucked away in the headlamp so I've ordered a clutch cable, Throttle Cable and the longer pipe for the front brake so just chasing a set of export bars for a T140E. There is a certain difference with Export bars suppliers some sell 7" bars some 8" and some 9" I think the 8" are correct

Collected my RK from Fuz last weekend - new bars and number plate and rider backrest (as usual with no instructions), repaired puncture and a healthy dose of banter. Got some celtic knotwork decals to fit on panniers. Also ordered a diamond stitch dual seat from the states (duty incoming :( ) .

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

red4.jpg

red5.jpg

red6.jpg

Back