what have you done to your bike today?

Decided to replace the stock bars as found them too far forward so fitted Bikini Beach Bars.
Also removed and replaced with new all the handlebar wiring which was wired internally and have now routed it externally at least for now as makes it a lot easier to change the bars later if I decide to do so.
Luckily didnt need to extend the throttle, clutch cables or brake lines.

Bikini Bars (2).jpg

Bikini Bars (1).jpg

Afer test ride yesterday (It rained!) really like the bars and new riding position.

Next job is to fit the SU I picked up on Facebook for £150 as now have the rebuild kit for it.

2.jpg

Love those vac bags ,2nd one I owned .Last one from 1992 had 3 diff sporties in ,and this one had a evo wide glide in ,then the Fatty.Polished cleaned it last Nov and it came out the bag exactly how I had put it in 5 months ago .

20231124_171144.jpg

Round where I live the village dates back to 774.Some great rides through Kent countryside.Leeds Castle. Ightam moat,
Rochester Castle. Tonbridge.
I love History, 2 years ago we walked the 84 Mile's of Hadrians Wall and anything of historical significance just grabs my interest, thankfully our great country has so much to offer if we look beneath the surface

Started replacing the engine, primary cover and cam cover socket head screws on my 883R with a polished stainless steel fittings kit.

View attachment 1201142
I don't want to put you off but John Willamson of RMD fame told me many years ago that Stainless Steel fasteners react with Alloy Engine Casings weakening their hold on the Alloy. It's called Galvanic Corrosion. Of course I took no notice and replaced all my Bolts/Screws 'cos the look good. :D

I don't want to put you off but John Willamson of RMD fame told me many years ago that Stainless Steel fasteners react with Alloy Engine Casings weakening their hold on the Alloy. It's called Galvanic Corrosion. Of course I took no notice and replaced all my Bolts/Screws 'cos the look good. :D
That's why it's so important to use plenty of copper grease on the threads and screw bodies, not only to stop binding but to reduce corrosion. 🙂

Last edited:
Back