what have you done to your bike today?

just been in the garage to have a bit tinker with nothing in particular.
noticed a fluid leak on the floor near the front tyre. golden in colour and looked in a bit of an odd place, nowhere near the forks and had me stumped till the dog we're looking after poked his nose in as i was dipping my finger in it to smell it. little bastard :hopelessness:

Went to fit my nice new battery in the 45 today only to find it`s a dud! Arse---back to square one.

Cut a 6 inch piece of Ally bar for inside the balance pipe on the Bonnie's exhaust, make sure its a tight fit, drill a hole n tap into secure it. Doing this gives you back pressure when fitting pea shooters and it's saves a big wedge on a set of new headers

Took the Shovel out for a jaunt around the New Forest yesterday as sun was out for once!
Pesky oil leak is annoying me though, initially thought was the usual tranny seal leak but if anything seems to be collecting on the frame rails under the oil pump and nose cone area on the right side but cant see where it's coming from. 😏🧐

Shovel 29-03-24 (2).jpg

Shovel 29-03-24 (1).jpg

Put a new set of points in the shovel and set the timing. Took it for a short spin and it was running the best it has since I got it. When I got back the idle was a bit high so I turned it down until it cut out. Went to start it again and the starter was just spinning.
Then I discovered this.

IMG_2147.jpeg

Took the Shovel out for a jaunt around the New Forest yesterday as sun was out for once!
Pesky oil leak is annoying me though, initially thought was the usual tranny seal leak but if anything seems to be collecting on the frame rails under the oil pump and nose cone area on the right side but cant see where it's coming from. 😏🧐

View attachment 1200540

View attachment 1200541
Had seal go behind the point it ran down the wire and showed where your looking

Put a new set of points in the shovel and set the timing. Took it for a short spin and it was running the best it has since I got it. When I got back the idle was a bit high so I turned it down until it cut out. Went to start it again and the starter was just spinning.
Then I discovered this.

View attachment 1200542
Check the tensioner bearing, they run very fast and can seize causing heat on the belt and subsiquent breakage.

Had seal go behind the point it ran down the wire and showed where your looking
Cheers, will check that.
Have also tightned up the hose jubilee clips on the oil lines in case one is leaking, there was some scope to tighten them so see if it helps.

Back