what have you done to your bike today?

Since this thread has been temporarily hijacked as a Bonnie thread here's mine
IMG_0214.JPG

A "barn find" bought cheap enough during lock down. It's a recommission not a restoration but still cost more than its worth but that doesn't matter because its a keeper.
Once you start digging with these old bikes it never stops.

Well I got soaked taking the Chop up to Edinburgh from Carlisle for the Scottish International show, Gus from Muddy Beach Customs entered my Chop in the show at the weekend. So for now I'm on the train back to Carlisle cold and wet but ready to return tomorrow

Nice Bonnie!
Are they Lester Alloys on it too.. I had some on mine 'years ago'.. must confess it had raked forks and on a Q plate though......
Titch
Indeed Lester Alloys, the one part that shows if someone has a genuine T140D for sale and not one modded to look like one is the heads. The heads of the D Special have screw in collars not pinched clamps. As a side I believe the exhaust was always a 2 into 1 and it had mini apes for the USA market where is was intended.
I've a mad story goes with that purchase, rode the bike with a full tank of fuel from Leicester to Plymouth don't believe I stopped off anywhere to re-fuel. Weather coming past Exeter was drizzly foggy conditions and it was early evening so dark not sure what time of year. For some reason approaching Haldon Hill I wondered why I hadn't seen a single car come past me for ages. Bike had a rack and top box and bolted behind the top box a Maltese Cross tail light coupled with the original below. Headlight had a visor which seemed to keep the beam down.
I glanced behind to notice a very very long queue of cars all with shitty headlights like they had in the late 80's following the bonnie. All afraid to over take as they couldn't see where the fuck they were going, was leading this massive long procession, thems was the days :LOL:

Indeed Lester Alloys, the one part that shows if someone has a genuine T140D for sale and not one modded to look like one is the heads. The heads of the D Special have screw in collars not pinched clamps. As a side I believe the exhaust was always a 2 into 1 and it had mini apes for the USA market where is was intended.
I've a mad story goes with that purchase, rode the bike with a full tank of fuel from Leicester to Plymouth don't believe I stopped off anywhere to re-fuel. Weather coming past Exeter was drizzly foggy conditions and it was early evening so dark not sure what time of year. For some reason approaching Haldon Hill I wondered why I hadn't seen a single car come past me for ages. Bike had a rack and top box and bolted behind the top box a Maltese Cross tail light coupled with the original below. Headlight had a visor which seemed to keep the beam down.
I glanced behind to notice a very very long queue of cars all with shitty headlights like they had in the late 80's following the bonnie. All afraid to over take as they couldn't see where the fuck they were going, was leading this massive long procession, thems was the days :LOL:
Just thinking about the T140D and the exhaust screw In clamps, can you purchase the 2 down pipes with this arrangement so that you can fit pea shooters which look so much better than the 2 into 1 system

Mr Army I would say to you sort the one you've got, you don't need a D they're cool but not that cool lt will fine

When I looked I thought it had earlier side panels on but im not sure if it has no side panels on just the suitcase air box
in the picture it's just the suitcase. i changed it to have the scalloped ones after i put a set of mikuni carbs on and conical air filters but changed it again for earlier panels and banjo filters.

in the picture it's just the suitcase. i changed it to have the scalloped ones after i put a set of mikuni carbs on and conical air filters but changed it again for earlier panels and banjo filters.
I thought it was, I've a set of T140D side panels and a set of T140E panels not sure what my plans are yet

Mr Army I would say to you sort the one you've got, you don't need a D they're cool but not that cool lt will fine
Morning Buddy, when I was 16 way back in 79 one mate had a T140D and another friend had a T140E but it was always the D that got the juices flowing well apart from the 2 into 1 pipe so that would have to go. I know what you mean about keeping this one but alas it's too late I sold it yesterday when I was at the Scottish Internaional show. I'm trying to sort a deal out for a D at the moment so we will see if I'm successful, when I was at the show yesterday there was T160 Trident that was absolutely mint and if I'm honest that's my favourite Triumph of all

Just thinking about the T140D and the exhaust screw In clamps, can you purchase the 2 down pipes with this arrangement so that you can fit pea shooters which look so much better than the 2 into 1 system
I had a 1976 T140V back in the day and got a set of BSA pea shooter from the old Bath and West Custom and Classic show with the sliding nut fitment on rear , fitted straight on. i think i rememory they came off a 650

I had a 1976 T140V back in the day and got a set of BSA pea shooter from the old Bath and West Custom and Classic show with the sliding nut fitment on rear , fitted straight on. i think i rememory they came off a 650
I will have a look at that arrangement. I thought I wouldn't buy another T140 but it sorts of grabs you

Morning Buddy, when I was 16 way back in 79 one mate had a T140D and another friend had a T140E but it was always the D that got the juices flowing well apart from the 2 into 1 pipe so that would have to go. I know what you mean about keeping this one but alas it's too late I sold it yesterday when I was at the Scottish Internaional show. I'm trying to sort a deal out for a D at the moment so we will see if I'm successful, when I was at the show yesterday there was T160 Trident that was absolutely mint and if I'm honest that's my favourite Triumph of all
I have the "Boxed set" of NVT seventies bikes.
07052008(003).jpg
IMG_0206.JPG

All with western bars and peashooters:) I have since that pic, obtained and fitted a sticker on the T160 side.

I have the "Boxed set" of NVT seventies bikes.View attachment 1200337View attachment 1200338
All with western bars and peashooters:) I have since that pic, obtained and fitted a sticker on the T160 side.
Love the T160 and the Norton but it's The T160 that makes me go wow especially with pea shooters fitted. I bought a rolling chassis with motor it was a project so i slowly bought everything in to complete the T160 and before I got going I sold it to a guy in Belfast about 6 years ago and boy do I regret it

I have the "Boxed set" of NVT seventies bikes.View attachment 1200337View attachment 1200338
Funnily enough I had the same pair up until a couple of years ago, although my commando had the roadster tank and a 920 kit. Sent them on their way for an X75 and more smiles.
292163353_10159206732579830_505563753045891101_n.jpeg

Back