Show us your old girls

Re: Show us your old girls

Just thought I would share my shovel with the club.

IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Surprised I managed to take this the state I was in! :) :)

IMG_2747.jpg

Some great lookers here thanks for showing. I feel a bit of a fraud here riding a newish 883R that I bought for it's old school looks & modern convenience, max respect to all who work on & ride classics.

^^^^ To my mind, the 1980-82 Sturgis in both its 2 colour schemes is easily Harley-Davidson's most handsome motorcycle of the last 40 years.

It looks so good, the factory has copied it TWICE! (1991 Dyna Sturgis, 2016 Low Rider S)

I'm way behind with mine. :upset: 75 Twins taken in Dec. Still way off dammit.
IMG_1477_1.jpg

Finally got round to putting the decals on my FXEF. She seems quite happy but, needs some lacquer to finish off.

IMG_3575.jpg
IMG_3576.jpg

1951EL I built for club member Howard ( cast iron duke) you'll notice as well as chopped tanks it's also running the carb on the left

IMG_4204.jpg

New boy wet behind the ears. 1934 VL. Bobbed and much travelled

WP_20150519_004 (2).jpg

1953 FLE ..... bought over from LA too many years ago ... as a complete bike, it was a total basket case .....
3years building every now and then, another 3years sitting in the naughty corner .... this summer I ripped into the engine as it was the 3rd year I had attempted to trust it ... puking its guts out the breather .....
IMAG0125.jpgas imported ... looks fairly innocuous ........
I kept the frame(de-raked & straightened), engine(complete rebuld), gearbox, floorboards/controls rear brake and oil tank ..... all in that list were worked on except the andrews gears in the box, studs, casing re-worked and selector top replaced.

IMG_3057.jpg

I cant post any more pics the right way up... but thats how it is, well now the heads are in bits, just gotta slap it back together....IMG_3057.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3059.jpg
    IMG_3059.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back